Dear Business Partners,
We would like to thank everyone that has given us the unwavering business support during this extraordinary time and we would like to give a brief update on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business continuity plan and the status of our existing factories operating in Malaysia and Singapore as of 18 May 2020.
1) Singapore Government enforces Circuit Breaker Measures since 7 April 2020 and has been extended to 1 June 2020, while the Malaysian Government enforces Movement Control Order (MCO) since 18 Mar 2020 and is being extended to 9 June 2020. Both Governments enforced partial lockdown orders, these are necessary action to battle the rapid spread of the pandemic and to protect the safety of the public at large.
– Exemption was granted to all our 4 factories in Malaysia and Singapore for supplying essential and critical global supply chains for Semiconductors and Medical products by both Authorities.
– All our existing 4 factories continue to operate under stringent hygiene with safe distancing practices and with staggered shifts for direct labour. As for non-essential support staff, they continue to work from home.
2) Global Supply Chain and Spare-parts support.
– Critical raw material stocks and components are continuously maintained, the supply chain remains stable at this point in time.
– Shipment order for Semiconductors Equipment, Leadframe and critical components supply continues without major disruption.
– Shipment order for Leadframe products related to Covid-19 medical products are given priority and remains unaffected but non-essential products may require a longer lead time and almost all customers have agreed to such arrangements.
– Shipment order for Trim and Form and Conversion Kits and spare parts to support customers’ production line to continue without major disruption.
– Limited air and sea freight capacity continue which may cause shipment delays but there is slight improvement albeit at a higher cost.
3) Local Service Support
– Rokko Business Continuity Plan includes local service support and we seek your kind understanding that the support is limited to essential and critical services only.
– We shall continue to put in our best efforts to keep our support intact while protecting our FSE and our customers’ safety as a priority.
– Please contact our respective sales person for your business continuity plan or check our website at www.rokkogroup.com for more information.
On the final note, while we have to endure this extraordinary event of our lifetime with an unprecedented loss of lives and economic damage, we must also persevere to win this battle and we shall meet again.
Thank you and stay safe.
ROKKO Holdings Ltd.